Last Saturday started a good streak for me!! My friend William hit before me and got a single then he stole second off of Michael when he struck out. Then I was up to bat. I had two balls and one strike. Then I HIT THE BALL!!! It didn't go way out it was kind of more like a dribbler. It went over to third base and I RAN FAST!! As fast as I could to first, then the third baseman over threw the ball and first base missed it. So my coach was yelling at me to RUN!!! So I ran to second and made it there. And William came home. So I got a rbi DOUBLE baby!!
Then Wednesday night I was up for the second time. I had two strikes and one ball. Then I hit the ball HARD!! It went flying, then the shortstop (my friend Sam even though he's on the other team) picked it up and threw it to first. It made it before I did so I was out. But I still hit the ball! I also got walked once, but then David got put in to pinch for me.
Then this Saturday I got walked. Then to second. Then to third. Then I scored a run for the first time this season!! It felt really good going over home. It's been really fun and my team is awesome.
Here's some pictures from my not fun time but I wanted to show everybody what it was like on the night when all the news people were there. It was kind of scary with all the cameras all focused on me the whole game. It made me nervous.
The coach put me in the outfield because I was so nervous I couldn't focus on the ball and I hadn't played second for a while.
This was actually from when I couldn't play but it was cool being in the skybox keeping score with Marissa.
This is when I was being intervewed at one of the newspaper offices.
All of the cameras on the home side of the field and there were a bunch more on the other side and behind home plate. Every time I came in the dugout they followed me over!
This is my first interview after the game. No pressure here! They made them set up all the cameras in groups so I didn't have to do them all at different times. I was really really nervus but my whole team came up and stood by me so it was really cool. And my best friend Alex was there the whole night too. And his mom Mrs. Parker took most of the pictures for my mom and stayed with her the whole game. Some of those reporters were NOT cool or nice to them. But the channel 8 reporters were really really cool and funny! I guess I liked them the best.
This is what all of the trucks had on them because they said they did it live at 5 and 6 and also at 10 and 11. We didn't get to see the first two but we saw the 10 and 11 oclock ones.
And so thanks to everybody who helped me play again because I don't know what I would do if I couldn't.
This whole thing has really changed my life but I don't want people to feel sorry for me. Here is my teaser for tomorow: I'm going to start my own organization but I'll tell you all about it then!!
1 comment:
Hey Hollywood,
Oh the suspense. You and your mom are driving me nuts. I NEED to know.
Sounds like you are having lots of fun playing ball. That's good. Wish I was playing instead of just watching.
I was at the Mariner's game yesterday when they broke out of their loosing streak. It was a good game except the little kid that kicked my seat for 7 innings. It was freezing in there yesterday.
I will be impatiently looking for an update tomorrow. It's really mean of you to make me wait.
B
Post a Comment