Monday, April 28, 2008

My sad sad Saturday

This has been one heck of a weekend. I had a doubleheader on Saturday. I got there early and I was kind of lost because we were at an away field and I didn't know where majors were playing. So some lady asked me if I was a Mariner for Fort (FVLL) and I said yeah and she told me I needed to go to the dugout on the away side and showed me where. Then Coach Drew told me to warmup and he asked me if I finally found my hat yet. I said no and he got mad and mumbled okay I'll get you a new one. So me and my friend Corey went and warmed up. Then the game started. We were up to bat first but only the top 3 hitters got to hit. Then I took the field, in left field, and played the inning. Next we were up again to bat and then it was my friend David on second then William on first. I left the dugout and went into the box. The ump called a timeout and asked me what was on my back. I said it was my oxygen tank and he said Wait a minute! He talked to Coach Drew and said he cant play with that on his back. Coach Drew asked why and the ump could not tell him so he asked for a rule book. My other coach John got me and told me to step out of the box and take a couple of practice swings to keep warm. Then I heard Coach Drew getting mad, so I went way over to my dugout with coach John. I was a little scared. I heard the ump give him a warning and I asked my coach to pull me so he would not be ejected. He shook his head and told the ump he was treating it like a dang playoff game and it wasnt like I was going to explode or anything. Then the ump ejected Coach Drew and then he ejected me. From both games. I was soooooooooooooo MAD!!!!! Then he called a delay of game and everybody started talking outside the field. The teams were told to go into our dugouts and stay until it was resolved. Then my teammates came up to me and were telling me way to take one for the team and yaddda yadddda. When they came back nothing was changed and I still wasn't allowed to play. Coach John told me to come here that we had to talk. He said that I wasn't going to be allowed to play anymore games for today and I wasn't going to be allowed to step on the field. I felt like crying. Anyway now everythings messed up and screwed up. They won't let me play anymore or practice anymore. They said that all of this was taken up to the regional and national level and now we have to wait for them to decide there if I can play or not. I hope they decide really quick cause I want to play baseball!! So that was my sad sad Saturday.

5 comments:

Janice said...

Hey Jacob,
We will pray that the right decision is made. People can be so supid sometimes. We just have to educate them and pray for them even if it is really hard. Look on the bright side, you get to see Alex tomorrow and tease him about his girly hair.
Love Mrs. Parker

Plum Krazee said...

Hey Jacob,
Hang in there buddy, you have alot of people on your side.
Love,
Janice

Shala said...

Jacob!

What a crazy sad day for you! I just don't know what is wrong with some adults. You just let me know who I need to beat up (yeah ok so I might not be able to hurt a fly but I can try! At least you might get a laugh out of me trying).

Jacob and I are sending lots of prayers your way. Jacob is REALLY upset for you. There are tons of people cheering you on!

Shala

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Jacob! You have rights, don't give up. I'm praying for the dumb adults to come around.

Margaret said...

This seems so crazy and unfair. I'm glad that it is worked out. You are a very brave and inspiring young man.