Monday, April 21, 2008

My Fun Sunday

I had so much fun yesterday!! I won a contest for the Portland Beavers baseball team. I had to guess who were the two catchers and I sent in my guess and I was the first one to guess correct. So I won!! I got to be the junior announcer at the game yesterday. It was against the Salt Lake Bees. I got there early and the lady who told me I won was there and met me. She took me and my dad and my mom all around the stadium. I met three Beavers players and talked to them and also got their autographs. Then we went up to the media booth. Its right in the middle of the stadium and you could see everything from there!!!! So I met the guy who was in charge of announcing. He told me when I was going to start the game and how to do it. So after we sang the Star Spangled banner he said some stuff and then said my name and gave me the microphone. Then I said really loud "lets play ball!!!" There was a video guy like a foot in front of my face and it was really weird cause the red light was on and I knew everyone could see me. And they put me on the Jumbotron too!! Then we went and watched the game. The Bees had a homerun with the very first player but the ball went behind the scoreboard so nobody caught it. We lost 5-0. It was sad but it was a fun game and I got to yell a lot and be a heckler lol

At the end of the game we went out the back gate which we never ever do. I wanted to see what the scoreboard looked like from behind because its a really old one from 1903 and its not digital. Everything they do is put up by hand. They have a pully system to put the numbers in on the top. It's really cool. So we were checking it out and watching them take the numbers down and this guy saw me and said "hey kid!". I looked up and he grabbed the homerun ball and THREW IT TO ME! I couldn't believe I got the homerun ball. Who cares if its from the other team. I'm happy.

So me and my mom made a video of it. Its really short but I picked the music and its kind of cool. So here it is.


1 comment:

Shala said...

Wow Wow Wow!!! That is sooo cool! Jacob and I watched it. He says that is just about the coolest thing ever!

i love the video! How fun!