Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Day Four , Five and Six


Day Four and Five

Kansas. Boring. Corn. Watched movies most of the way across because there was nothing to look at. It was so flat. That night we crossed a river into Kansas City Missouri and as soon as we crossed we passed the Kansas City Royals stadium!! They were playing a game against the White Sox and the stadium was HUGE!! It had a big royal crown on the front of it, it was as big as the building! And it was lit up bright. The water fountains were really high.

The next day we went into Saint Louis and saw the Rams stadium and then right near it was Busch stadium where the Cardinals play!!! It was so cool! It had a really big banner on it. It said World Series champions '06. Then we saw the arch. It is really really big and tall. Crazy. Right after that we crossed the Mississippi River. It was dirty and polluted but it was bigger than I thought it would be. Then we drove on a bunch of back roads and went into Marissa Illinois for, guess who? Marissa. She took a bunch of pictures of signs. Her name was everywhere. I felt like I was surrounded by her. It was scary! The funny thing in Marissa was right next to a shooting range was a cemetery. My dad said at least they don't have to carry them that far!

Kentucky was beautiful!! It was green with a lot of trees and hills and lakes. We stopped at a rest area there and took my picture of me in front of a historic old mansion house. When we looked at the picture later we saw a GHOST!! No joke. The front room is off limits to people but right behind me in that picture is someone standing and looking out and it looks like a woman whos all white like a film. And now I'm not talking about that anymore because it freaks me out!

Next was the biggest surprise of my life (besides me becoming a firefighter). We drove into Nashville and I was really excited because the hotel we were staying at had a guitar shaped pool and Titans stadium right across the street!! When we got in there Marissa said Jacob look! There's a FDNY firefighter sitting in the lobby, go ask him if he knows Uncle Dan!! I was scared so I just wanted to go see the pool. After we saw it and we came back to the lobby, my sister pushed me over to that guy and made me ask. The guy started talking to me and asking me about baseball. Then he said guess what? I'm your Uncle Dan!!! I was so surprised and happy I fell on the glass table behind me! We hugged and then we were laughing about me being scared to talk to him. I talk with him on the phone a lot of times a week but I've never met him in my whole life. Then my mom and Uncle Dan hugged a long time because they didn't see each other for 15 years!!! It was so cool. I also met my cousin Kassidie and my Aunt Sandy. We went swimming in the pool and then ordered pizza so we could all eat together and talk. We stayed up really late and it was hard to leave the next morning. We are going to Wyoming and Colorado next year and they are coming out to meet us there!!

We wrestled at night and I won! We made a big pig pile and my dad was at the bottom and then my Uncle Dan and then me on the very top! I had so much fun!! The elevator was creepy. We tried to fit all of us in but it made weird noises so we all ran out scared and laughing. The next day we had breakfast together in the hotel and talked some more. Then we took tons and tons of pictures and they'll be in my photo album that my mom is trying to make online. We cried when we left but now we know we're going to see them again really soon so I'm very happy.

Next time I write I will be in Florida!!






2 comments:

Little Things said...

How cool that your Uncle Dan was there to surprise you! I bet you just couldn't get over that!

I want you to post the picture with the ghost!! How scary-cool!

Shala said...

That is SO cool you were able to meet your Uncle Dan! I have to admit I may of cried too a little bit. What an awesome memory. I am glad you will be meeting up with them again soon.

And a picture of a ghost! How creepy!!!

I think its cool that Marissa got to go to Marissa. I don't think there are any cities named Shala though! LOL!

I look forward to reading all about Florida!! And seeing more pictures!

You are doing a GREAT job with your blogs!