Day Six - traveling to Florida
Day Seven - First day in Florida
When we finally left the hotel in Nashville it was late already. We went into Georgia and that state lasted forever!! People in Georgia are not very nice but no offense to anyone who is from there. There are so many civil war battle sites there I couldn't even count how many. It was really hot and humid I could barely stand it. It's very HARD to breathe there. Atlanta was crowded and slow and too many people. We saw a HUGE airport and lots of planes were landing all at once. Georgia is a very very very long state. We didn't even get to Florida until it was dark outside. When we got to Florida, we started seeing alligators!! They just come up on the road and stop. They're like giant green speed bumps. Then I remembered a story Tom told me about being chased by a snake and it scared me again so I didn't want to get out of the car. Thanks Tom. I never saw any but I know they're out there!! It was so humid even at night that we were sweating with the air conditoner on. It was bad. When we finally got to our hotel in Lake Buena Vista the air conditioning inside was so cold and it felt so good!!! The best thing about checking in was we got our Disney World tickets!!! Dad's had Goofy on the Dumbo ride. Mom's had Minnie Mouse. Marissa's had Tinkerbelle. Mine had MICKEY MOUSE!!! It said "where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse"! We checked in and went right up to our room and didn't even check it out. We all fell right asleep.
We woke up the next morning and it was very bright and sunny. It hurt my eyes it was so bright!! We had breakfast at the hotel. The breakfast bar was really huge. It had so much food. Then we got in our car and left for my first day at Disney World! We parked and then walked into the transit station. The line was not long at all. We got on the monorail and zipped toward Magic Kingdom. It was fast. And then I saw it. It was HUGE! It was white. It looked like a giant mountain. SPACE MOUNTAIN!!! I knew as soon as I saw it it was mine. I was going to conquer it. But first we had to have our bags checked at the main gate. Then when we gave our tickets we had our fingerprint scanned. Mine didn't work the first three times and they just opened the gate and let me in. The whole place was decorated for Halloween. On the hill by the gates, they had a bunch of pumpkins in the shape of Mickey's head. It was so cool. Then my mom had to go rent a wheelchair for me. But when we got there the lady saw my wish shirt and buttons and said you can have this wheelchair for free for the whole time of your visit! Then we were off! We went under the train station and as soon as we came out from under it, I looked straight down Main Street USA and there it was, at the end of the street, Cinderella's Castle. It was the biggest castle I've ever seen in my life! Okay it's the only castle I've seen in my life but it is SOOOOOOO COOOOOOL!!!
First we went to the fire station and souvenire shop and we heard music outside. Turns out it was a marching band that plays music and entertains all the people. They were really funny. Then we walked down Main Street and we kept trying to stay close to the stores to feel the air conditioning because it was so HOT!!
Our first land we went to was Tomorrow Land. And our first ride ever at Magic Kingdom was Buzz Lightyear space ranger spin. That thing is awesome! We all went on it 3 times. Mom won the first time, then I won the next one and dad won the last one. It was GREAT! You get to shoot at the targets while they are moving and you are moving too in a space car and the lights and lasers are all around and you can spin yourself. I spun my mom and made her sick. Ha ha.
Next was Space Mountain. I didn't think I would go on it but I got really brave and decided to try it. I was so nervous going up the ramps. I got to go in through the fast pass line and exits on every ride so that I was always first, but even on Space Mountain, you have to walk a LONG way through their story about the ride before you even get there. And you can't see the ride while you're doing that! When we finally got to the top where the roller coaster actually is, we found out it is stacked seating. Only one person to a seat. So Marissa sat in front of me and mom sat behind me with her hands on my shoulders. I was shaking so bad!! It starts out slow, then it whams you into a curve and it's total blackness in there! You don't know where you are going. You're going like 60 to 70 miles an hour up and down steep hills and they put in a bunch of sharp turns and it feels like your going to fall off the roller coaster! It's so scary!! But I did it and it felt so good to say I did it!!!
Then dad and me went on the Indy Raceway in Fantasy Land. I finally got to drive a car!!! But it only goes really slow. We couldn't really race anybody. Then we also went on the Mad Tea Cup Party. Mom and Marissa just watched because they can't do spinny rides only roller coaster kinds. Oh and I also got a HUGE turkey leg!! Next was Snow White's ride. It was okay. Kinda creepy with the witch. And the trees. I also tried the sword in the stone but couldn't pull it out. Next time.
Then we tortured ourselves on It's a small World boat ride. It was fun but the music would not STOP!!! And they sing it in every stinking language I have ever heard of in my life! I don't ever want to go on that ride again!
It rained for about 10 minutes and we were laughing at everybody because they were screaming and running for shelter and pulling on these garbage bag looking capes. It rains all of the time here and we NEVER wear a raincoat or run in it. Ha ha. We had the whole park to ourselves when it rained because nobody wanted to be in it. It was very funny. After the rain stopped we walked over to Frontier Land and ate in Liberty Square. It was right across from the Jungle cruise boat but they had that shut down for repair. So we went to the Mark Twain adventure. We had to cross the river on a raft, then we hiked and climbed and went on a swinging bridge to get into his tree fort. Me and dad played with a cool gun but mom and Marissa were very bored. It was super hot and too hot to be walking. So we went back across the river and decided to call it a day. We were still really tired and wanted to relax a little bit. We headed back to the hotel to swim.
But first we went to a restrant near the hotel. It had awesome food but we were soaking wet and the air conditioner was really really cold. We left and went back to the hotel. We wanted to go swimming, but it was lightning and thundering in the distance. Marissa and mom went down to the car to grab our bathing suits and Marissa said "mom I can FEEL the electricity in the air" and as soon as she said it, a big huge bolt of lightning came down right behind her!!!! She was so scared she ran into the car door and hurt her arm. She and mom ran so fast back inside and we didn't go swimming. So we watched the lightning storm hitting the Epcot ball. It was so amazing and freaky! We don't really see lightning here so it was kind of cool. But then came the tornado warnings. They were all around us. There was a door that separated our suite into two rooms. Mom came into the living room and said we had to listen to everything they said, if they told us to get up and out the door quick DO IT!!! We were scared and were watching out the window in the dark. We were on the 9th floor and it's a LONG way down if you can't use the elevator. The warnings finally went away and the storm passed. Then we could finally go to sleep and sleep we did!
Sneak peak at tomorrow: EPCOT!!!
2 comments:
I love thunder and lightning! Where I grew up, in Maryland, we get great thunderstorms! Now that we live in California, we don't get many storms and I sure miss them!
I'm glad you had a blast at Disney World - Space Mountain can be very freaky, but it sure is fun!!
Can't wait to hear about your Epcot adventures!!
Now I can leave a comment--
Jacob, next time you come through Georgia, you better come see us and I will prove some Georgia people are very nice!!
Wendy (a SWOOB Mom)
p.s. I love reading your blogs!
Post a Comment