I have HUGE news tonight, but first... (lol)
Practice tonight was my first REAL one since I hurt my ankle. It felt good but I forgot my brace at first so my dad had to drive home and get it for me. So I couldn't run until he got back. Once I got it on me it felt much better and it wasn't wiggling so I could run and play my position.
I played first, second, third, and short tonight. I did great at first and got two outs on different fast balls. One was a double play so it felt good to finish it up!!
Then I played second and did okay there. It was boring because the kid up to bat cant hit very well so I never got to chase anything except for when the coach threw us balls in between the pitches to keep us warm.
Third was okay too but still not a lot of action. I didn't get too much time at short because it was close to the end of practice.
Here's some pictures of me from tonight. After you look at the pictures keep reading down and that's where you will find my BIG BASEBALL NEWS!!!!
Okay, now for my BIG BASEBALL NEWS.....
After practice, coach called us in to a huddle. He said season starts next week and he decided the starting rotation and positions. I was last in line and he went in order from the beginning telling everybody what position they were, if they were starting. I was really worried he wasn't going to call my name because it took forever. FINALLY he said "Jacob you're starting shortstop"
I couldn't belive my ears!!!!! I was thinking holy COW I did not just make the starting lineup and he didnt REALLY say I was shortstop did he????!!!!! YES HE DID!!!!! YAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! I am so super excited I cant hardly wait until our first game!!!! Which I still don't know when that is because we didn't get our schedule yet. We're suposed to get our uniforms this week and thats going to be cool too. I just want to scream and yell to everybody that I DID IT!!!!! I made my goal and I worked so so so so so so hard to make it and I DID IT!!!! I cant sleep now I'm too excited about it. Anyway it feels good and I know I did it for myself and nobody helped me get it.
4 comments:
congrats Jacob. Let us know when your games are maybe we can get to one. Alex has a lot of swim meets coming up he is not as excited about his uniform as you are about yours. There is a lot less uniform on his team if you know what I mean LOL. We miss you let us know when you have some free time.
Love Mrs. Parker
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy cow! It was SO hard to be patient through the whole post!
I am sooooo proud of you!!! Starting shortstop!! WOWOWOW!
AND I got some pictures! Woohoo! I am so excited. You worked hard for it and deserve it!
GO JACOB!!!
I so wish we were closer so we could watch your games. Just know we are cheering for you ALL the way in Oklahoma!
AWESOME NEWS!!! That is great Jacob! I hope we get to see some pics and read some reports about the games from this coming season!
Jacob, you're my hero! I love baseball but I was never very good. You must be very good. I'd like to come see you play. Let me know what your schedule is. Congratulations!
Sandi
Post a Comment