Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Your welcome Shala! I hope my tips helped your Jacob in baseball!

I finally did my tryouts and they went great! I thought so anyway. We got there early so I could get some practice in. I warmed up with my dad. Then a coach came over and asked if I needed a kid to warm up with and I said sure, so he sent his son Jonny over and we warmed up then. When they called everyone together in the dugout the main coach had us split up into groups. I luckily got to be in the batting group. I was excited about that. They had a pitching machine and man I was not used to that! So they gave us each five tries at hitting the ball and on the fifth try you had to run the bases even if you didn't hit the ball. So I hit 4 out of the 5 balls from the machine!!! I forgot we weren't playing a real game and when the first base person got the ball, I went to the dugout thinking I was out LOLOLOL I did go back out and run the bases after that haha.

Then they sent me to outfield to shag balls with a kid I knew a long time ago but didn't see him for a lot of years. It was cool seeing him again. So we did that for the next group who was batting. Then they pulled us all in to third base and had us catch the ball at third base as the main coach hit them to us. Then I tried for shortstop and I DID GOOD I ROCKED THAT PRACTICE!!! They gave us 5 tries to field the ball from all different positions and if we got all five we got to go to a group and try again. And guess what? I GOT ALL FIVE BALLS ON THE FIRST TRY!!!! So I got to go to the group for shortstops and try again. And again I GOT ALL FIVE BALLS!!!! I hope they liked me at short. I really really really hope. And I really really really love that position!!! Thanks Tom for teaching me how to play that position!!

Next we went to outfield and I didn't do as good as I hoped. I only caught 2 out of the 5 balls. And I don't want that rubbed in. haha. Then we went back to third base and the main coach came over and told some of us that already did all our stuff that we could go. He went over and talked to my mom and dad and asked if I played before and if I wear my oxygen all the time and my mom said yes to both. But he said okay no problem! Then I left and my mom and dad took my out for lunch for doing such an awesome job!! Marissa was there and she said I did really good and she really helped me calm down right before try outs. It was a great great day!! Oh yeah.

I really don't want to talk about my trip to Seattle. But I did get to go to Pacific Science center and that place is sooooooooooooo cooooooooool!!! I faced my biggest fear and looked right in the eye of a boa constrictor! Oh my gosh I am never EVER doing that again!!! I got to see what I would look like in 50 years hahaha!! I was OLD!!! And I wasn't pretty!! I tested my strength and I got to touch spike magnets. I saw a naked mole rat community and got to get in a tidepool and touch all the undersea animals. There was one that sticks to you and it made my mom jump lol!! They have a giant magnifier video camera with a light and you can put it on anything and it magnifies it on a big screen. So after we did all the stuff on the table I stuck it in my ear!! We were laughing so hard and it was soooooo wrong!! We looked at our eyeballs up close and our hair. It was kind of disturbing. We did this thing where you stand in any position you can, and a flash takes your shadow picture and puts it on the wall. It stays there for like 30 seconds and you get to see what you did. It was awesome. Mom and me did lots of different weird positions to see what it would look like. We got to sit in the rocket ship space capsule that really went to the moon!! It was cool cause I got to turn on all the switches and when you hit go it blasts off!! Too bad we didn't know that and it scared us!! haha. Then we got to see giant dinosars!! The raptors weren't too pretty looking and they were eating other dinosars and it was bloody. Nasty!! We went into the butterfly garden and that was so cool! They just fly up and land on you but then the people were really mean cause they told me you know it's not a good idea to hold the butterflys!! They landed on ME!! One landed on my finger right after they said that and I held it up to fly away and it just stayed on me!!! I even held it upside down and it stayed. They just walked away hahaha.

We also went to the pike place market. It was COLD down there cause its on the water but we walked the whole thing!! I got this wish paper. A man recycles lots of stuff into paper and when it's still wet he puts seeds of wildflowers in it. I get to write a wish on every piece of paper and then plant the paper. In the summer the flowers will come up and when they bloom my wish is released into the air and I get my wish!! We got Marissa a wish journal. Same idea just a journal. It was her favorite gift I ever gave her :) She was so happy she almost cried. We drove by Qwest field and my most favorite Safeco field. I got pictures and I need to put them on here. I want so bad to go to a game to be INSIDE Safeco field and see what it looks like. I want my picture taken in there!! It's on my life list and I NEED to get that done!! I'm going to put my life list on here and it's cool because I will check off everything I have done on it so far. Oh yeah and I got my first coffee ever in Seattle!! Mom said I'm never getting another one again HAHA!! Let's just say I was a little hyper that day.

OH!!! And Eric and Sandi came up and had dinner with us in our apartment and me and Eric had so much fun. He brought his wii and we played guitar hero all night. Then when they had to leave me and Eric kept saying things to them that made them keep talking and man can they talk!!! We would ask them questions and when they started talking about the answer me and Eric would ditch and go play more and be laughing. Haha Sandi I TOLD you I would write this on my blog!!! I'm doing my evil laugh now!! lololol

Thanks for reading my blog and I find out next weekend if I made a team and if I do what team I'm going to be on. If it all works out I might start practice next week. OH yeah and one of the teams I might be on is the Reds!! How cool will that be if I play the same as Jeremy!!!

Jeremy I hope your having fun at spring training and I hope we get to wear the same hat this season!!

Look for my life list and my baseball news next!!

1 comment:

Shala said...

Do you know how COOL I feel seeing my name on your blog! I feel like really famous! LOL!

I have been wondering how your tryouts went! It sounds like they were AWESOME! I can't wait to hear about what team you are on.

Those machines scare me. One time (and I have never played softball ever..which is probably a good thing) I went to hit balls for fun and I was sooo stupid. I wore FLIP FLOPS! Anyway, the ball hit the bottom edge of the bat and went down on my big toe! OW! I lost a toenail and everything. WAY gross.

My Jacob just finished his last basketball game today. I have to call the baseball coordinator tomorrow. He just cannot wait to get started. Do games make you nervous? I am such a nervous nelly when it comes to games. I don't know if Jacob is as nervous as I am!

The Science center sounds way fun. I love stuff like that. I don't know if I would be going eye to eye with a boa constrictor. Nooo thank you! I think I shivered! Blech!

And you got to play Wii! SO jealous! I really want a Wii at our house. Do you think its worth getting?

I can't wait to see your life list, pictures and baseball news posts! I will be on the look out for them!