Monday, April 14, 2008

My first GAME!!

Okay so it was kind of up and kind of down. I was so nervus and I wasn't even sure if I wanted to play anymore. We warmed up but it was super cold because it was almost night time and it was sometimes raining on and off. I told the coach my ankle was really hurting so when he called off positions he gave me second base. I don't have to run and turn as fast there like I would have to at short. We were home so we were on the field first. The first batter to come up swung and hit the ball hard right to ME!! I scooped it right up and threw it as fast as I could to first base...OUT!!! I got the runner OUT!!! Haha! I was so excited!! I heard my mom and dad and sister all screaming my name and everybody cheering. It was GREAT!! Then the next batter got struck out. The third hitter came up and did the same thing the first one did. He hit it right at me!! So I scooped it up again and threw it to first. But I couldn't get my hand on the ball just right, so it took me a few seconds longer. The first basemen caught it JUST IN TIME!!!!! Wow!! I heard everybody cheering again. It was so awesome!!

Then it was time to go up to bat. I was in the middle of the lineup but I got walked. So I went to first. Then I STOLE SECOND!!!! It felt awesome cause I always see the other kids do it and didn't know I could do it too. Then our power hitter came up and cracked the ball all the way into the outfield. I started running and wanted to stop at third but then my coach was yelling at me to go all the way home. My ankle hurt so bad and I know I couldn't run any faster but I tried so hard. I didn't even think about sliding so I just crossed the plate but the catcher caught the ball right before my foot touched. I was so mad!! I could have had the very first run of the game!! I only went up to bat two more times and I struck out. But in the 5h inning I had an awesome play!! The batter hit the ball to short. He ran for first and short threw the ball to me. I ran for second base, tagged it and got the first base runner out there and then I threw it FAST to first base and GOT HIM OUT!!! I made a double play!!! I love baseball!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you are on your way to becoming the rookie of the year with a Golden glove...keep it up and you will compete for the MVP too!