Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My face hurts!

Okay, so yesterday at practice after I was done warming up and running the outfield we came in and took our positions. I got stuck at left field. I hate the out field. The coach said we all have to learn every position. So when I was in out field the coach said "ground ball 2nd base left field catch" which means I have to get it and return it to 2nd base. So he hit the ball right to me in left field and the ball hit the ground once and then popped up into my face. It hurt SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody came running to me and coach John came too but I called off the infield and the coach told me a story about when he broke his nose with a ball. If your quesy don't read this part. He said the doctor told him to stick a iron rod up his nose and start hammering on it until it breaks again and then it would be straight. I wonder if that's true? I'm NOT going to try it. So after it wasn't bleeding I stayed out there and took a couple of fly balls. Then I had to go back and sit down because it just hurt too much. I finished out the practice and actually hit a few balls. It really really really really hurts today. But I feel like a REAL baseball player cause they take balls to the face and they keep playing and thats what I did. Even though it hit my face I didn't lose any of my teeth. My nose is really big now but it won't be that way in a week or more. On the bright side my coach said if it rains on Thursday he'll take us to the batting cages instead of outside practice so then I can work on my hitting!!! I'm excited about that cause Ive never been to one before and I can't wait to hit there!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Baseball! Those definitely hurt ALOT!! Great job brushing it off and continuing, but whatever you do, DO NOT go to your coaches Doctor!! Have fun in the cages, those are a blast!

Shala said...

OK! OUCH!! You are SO brave! I would have had to run away crying like a girl! (Ok so I AM a girl.. but you know!) Do we get to see a pic of the battle wound?

I am SO proud of you! YOU ROCK!!

My Jacob last year was playing pitcher and he had the ball bounce up and hit him in the chin. I would really be scared if it hit him in the nose!

Did your mom freak or was she all cool about it? I need to learn to be the 'cool mom'.

I am glad you posted! I have been wondering what you have been up too. I hope you post more soon!