So this morning we started out at Animal Kingdom. When we first got in there my mom wanted to take our pictures so right after I stood there, I found a giGANTIC spider in the plant behind me. Right when Marissa was posing for her picture I pointed it out to her. Oh yeah did I mention that she has a huge spider fobia?? She screams if she sees one in a book so I knew I had her! It was so funny watching her face and seeing her run around slapping herself even though there was nothing on her. hahahaha!!!!
After we got my wheelchair we started up the trail and right away saw two huge blue macaws. They were eating bugs off each other it was disgusting. We also saw a kimono dragon and two massive turtles. There were birds everywhere in the trees and we kept ducking because they pooped everywhere. Gross! The first ride we went on was Expedition Everest. Dude. Don't ever do it. The yeti that they want to scare you with is NOTHING compared to the ride. Don't ever do it. I got so scared I dropped my oxygen tank on Marissa's foot and broke her toe and gave her a big blood blister. I felt really bad cause then she had to wear slippers the rest of the day and sometimes she rode with me in my chair :) Then we went on a river raft rapid ride. Wow! Say that five times really fast!! My poor mom got so soaked! Everytime we got off, I gave my sad puppy eyes and asked if I could get right back on. Every disney person always said yes :) And every time we did the ride, my poor mom got stuck going backwards down the roller coaster part where you get drenched. hahaha! I liked the ride except for the burned rain forest part because its really really really hot and the fire is right there by you! And it smells bad!
Oh yeah! And we did a real safari truck ride!!! It was so cool! Our driver was funny and nice and they pretend like your going out for two weeks and you'll see all these animals and poachers and stuff. So we saw elephants and giraffes and crocodiles and cheetahs and lions and tigers and bears oh my! no, just kidding.hahaha. We did see lions and tigers too though. We also saw a billion other animals that I don't know what they were because they're all in Africa. And our truck almost tipped off a bridge but it's planned like that it was just scary. Marissa liked the ride because our safari driver was cute hahaha!!
There was this creepy tree lady. She just came right out of the bushes and started walking toward us. You can't tell shes human til she gets right up close to you and she's close to 8 feet tall. She made babies scream!
I met Baloo and he talked to me, and I met Jiminy Cricket and Rafiki all at Animal Kingdom too. I found out later that it's really rare to see Jiminy Cricket and I even got my picture with him! We went on a train ride, but it wasn't too fun. We also did a petting zoo. I was really excited cause I thought I could pet some african baby animals but after you get all the way over there, it's just GOATS! Boring!! I can pet goats at home! I was a little disappointed.
The bathroom doors are funny because when you close the door and sit you can read about animals and their poop. It was kinda weird to laugh in the bathroom and other people can hear you!
So that was it for Animal Kingdom. We only spent half a day there, next it was out to lunch at a restaraunt in Orlando, then back to Magic Kingdom!! It's my favorite park of all of them!!
We went into Adventureland because we didn't get there the day before. We climbed in Mark Twains treehouse. Its really high and really boring. There was nothing exciting about it. And it was too hot to be climbing it and I kept getting out of breath.
Then we went on Pirates of the Caribean!!!! It was awesome!! It's a boat ride, and it's kinda bad in some parts with the pirates and stuff. My mom covered my eyes at one part and I still don't know what was there. There's a dark part so dark you can't see anything including people next to you. Right then you go flying down a big drop slide and it's so scary because you didn't know it was coming!! And it all ends with them all singing yo ho a pirates life for me.
After that we walked around a little bit more and got some food. Man there's food everywhere in Magic Kingdom!! It was like my dream!! My mom and Marissa talked me into going on Splash Mountain. I didn't want to at first because it's a huge drop to the bottom (the largest water ride drop in America!!) but they finally convinced me. Dad said he didnt want to go because he was already soaked and he did it in California with mom on their honeymoon. So we went in and immediately got into the log boat. They took us through this storybook about brear rabbit and his buddies. It was okay but I couldn't really focus on the animations and cool stuff because I was scared about that drop! There's a little teeny drop which you think is it because its dark coming up to it and so you scream and then it's over and you feel like a fool. You keep going in circles with music playing and all these storybook pages. Then all of a sudden BAM!!! There it is!!! You see the sky and you know its coming. Marissa kept screaming at me to smile because they take your picture at the top. I don't CARE!! I just wanted to shut my eyes and pray and be done quick!!! But after it was all over I wanted to go back on it again because it was the coolest ride EVER!!! I loved it so much! Our picture came out looking all goofy but we were all laughing so it was good.
And now for my SURPRISE!!!!!........
Then we went back toward Main St. We were going to watch the night parade! But my mom and dad had other plans. Rewind to when we first got here today. When we first came in, my mom met a lady named Kathy and a guy named Rudy. She was talking with them for a long time and being all chatty so I thought she was old friends with them. So me and dad kept on walking down to Casey's Corner to look at the baseball stuff. She never said anything about it again so I forgot.
Back to Main St. at night. Well, afternoon really. My mom was obsesed about sitting in this ONE SPOT. It HAD to be right in front of the castle, right where the road turns. I guess it was a good view so we all sat there. Then Kathy and Rudy came up and said hey we meet again!! So they were talking but I couldn't hear them so I was watching all the people around me.
Finally the parade starts!! It was awesome! There were some freaky ball things that came right up to me and were moving around really fast saying weird words and stuff. I saw Mickey on the lead float! He was all dressed in white and there were lights on him that blinked. And the music they played with it was really nice. Most of the disney characters were there and we clapped for all of the going by. The lights from everything were really neat and they were even on the moving people! Most of them took up the whole road! Near the end Snow White came over to me and took my hand. Then she said It's so nice you could come and see me tonight! I'm so glad you're here!" I was sooooooo embarased!!! Oh my gosh! My mom and dad were laughing because my face got red. And then the worst thing happened. She KISSED me!! On my cheek! Okay so it wasn't really that bad, but it was kinda awkward.
As soon as the parade was over, Kathy and Rudy were there again. They told my mom come on, follow us, and so they were moving people out of the way to get me and my chair and my whole family through the crowds. Finally we were past most of the crowd and I looked around and we were in Mickeys Toontown Adventure. We walked down the street a long ways and then we turned into the building. Mom and dad told me they were taking us to the best place to see the fireworks. It didn't look like we could see them from where we were going but I didn't know anything else. We stopped when Kathy said hang on here a minute. We were looking around and it was like being in a county fair with prizes and stuff. Then she came back out and said okay come right in here with me now. My mom ran in front with her camera so I thought the fireworks were going to start. But then when we went in the door....WOW!!! Guess who was standing RIGHT THERE??!!!!!
It was the one, the only................MICKEY MOUSE!!!!!!! Oh man! The one person I wanted to meet the most of all and he was standing right there in front of me!!!! I was so shocked and my mom and this other guy were standing there taking bunches of pictures. I couldn't talk for a few minutes I was so excited and nervous and shocked. His translator was telling me what he was saying in sign language. He said it was nice to meet me and that he loved me. We took a bunch of pictures and stayed with him about 10 minutes, then left that room. Kathy said hang on, we're not done yet. We walked through a bunch of long halls and waited outside another door with Rudy. When she came back out she took us in that room. There were princesses everywhere!! Wo. Everyone kept laughing at me cause they were talking to me and kissing me and hugging me. Marissa had a great time because she wanted more than anything else to meet Cinderella. But after that her favorite princess was Sleeping Beauty. She was really funny. She kept saying she didn't understand how the little man inside the camera could paint the pictures as fast as they were. And Belle from beauty and the beast told my dad she really liked his face fur (my mom doesn't!) haha. Cinderella was really nice.
Then we left that room and went into another one! This time it was Goofy, Donald, Minnie and Pluto. They all acted exactly like I thought they would. After we met each one of them individually, they started playing around with me and Marissa. Goofy went over and hugged Marissa and then Donald went and grabbed Marissa's hand and took her to the corner and blocked her off from Goofy. They were fighting over her! She was laughing so hard and we all were too! Goofy finally won and grabbed her and ran with her to the door to take her out to the wedding chapel to marry her!!!!! The trainers kept saying NO GOOFY!! You can't take her out to get married and you have to share her with Donald. Then Minnie kept hugging me and started kissing me! She wouldn't let go of me and then she turned around and Goofy was running to her and their heads banged together. She fell to the floor and Goofy was being really dramatic and rolling around holding his head. When they found out Minnie was okay they sent Goofy to the corner. He went over and he was pouting and pretending to cry it was SO FUNNY!!! I laughed harder than I have ever laughed in my whole life!!!! There was so much more that we did but I can't write it all it would take forever.
My mom did tell me that I had to tell everybody the story though so that the right people get the right credit. So she doesnt know Kathy and Rudy. She only just met them at disney world that day!! They asked her about my wish and she said to come to Disney world and meet Mickey Mouse. They asked if I did yet and she said no. They said are we going to the parade and mom said yes. They told her where we need to sit and they traded cell phone numbers. As soon as we left they went to their boss and then he called the disney people and asked if they could arrange something special. They said 100% yes they would love to do it. Then they asked the person who is Mickey if he could stay late that night and explained to him what was going on and he said yes really quick. When they went to help him get changed in the locker room the other characters who were leaving to go home heard what was happening and said We want to do this too!!! So they all got back in their makeup and costumes and went over to that building. It was a private meeting with us and they gave us all as much time as we wanted. It wasn't hurried and it wasn't a line to wait with other people. The disney people were great and made my whole night more special than anything I'll ever remember!!!!!!! There was a disney photo guy who followed us everywhere after that and when we were all done they gave us our photopass card and the disney people gave us the cd with the pictures on it!!!! And a free 8 by 10 too!! There's so many pictures but I'm not putting them in my photo album online until everybody reads the story first so it doesnt rune it for them. They let us stay in the park really late that night and it was like it was all to ourselves there was nobody there. It was so empty and it was really cool that way. I love disney world.
*******THANK YOU KATHY NAMATH AND RUDY AND ALL OF THE DISNEY PEOPLE WHO MADE MY NIGHT AS SPECIAL AS IT WAS AND I'LL NEVER EVER EVER FORGET IT OR ANY OF YOU!!!!!*******
7 comments:
Loved the comments on your pictures Jacob especially the hula dancers and Alex. I wonder what your Christmas present will be?
Mrs. Parker
Hey Jacob--you do such a great job describing your trip! And Pirate is my favorite rie at Magic Kingdom, too. Tell your sister that I like Cinderella the best!
Susan (one of the SWOOB mom's)
Jacob, I am so glad you got to meet Mickey and the gang. Those Disney folk are pretty special. Can't wait to read about the rest of the trip. I'll go look at your pics when I'm not supposed to be working!!
Peggy (SWOOBIE)
My favorite part is about the animal poop in the bathroom. Life really does not get any better then that....you should write a book....you know life is ok when you are laughing in the bathroom, or laughing in the bathroom can take your stress away or something.....Love it!!~
That was awesome! I cried when I read the blog. You're a great story teller. Everyone looks so happy in the pictures. What an amazing time. How special to have a whole town with your name? Marissa must of been loving that!
Sandi
Ok this is my favorite day so far!!! How COOOOOOL! I want to meet Mickey so much! I am LOVING the pictures too! You have such a great family.
Thanks for doing this blog Jacob! I'm having sooo much fun reading it! Makes me want to go to Florida RIGHT NOW. I've never even been to the US (I live in Norway).
Post a Comment