Today is the first day of travel and I am SOOOO excited!! We woke up at 3:30 this morning and left at 4. I am really tired. We got in the car and my mom thought she left something at the house so we had to turn around and go back. It was in the back of the car the whole time. When we left again it was still dark. I fell asleep before the sunrise and dad woke us up for breakfast in The Dalles. We watched the rest of the sunrise there. Me and Marissa fell back asleep until we were in Pendleton. Dude there were people riding horses everywhere in the streets and boy did it smell bad!!! We had lunch in Nampa Idaho. It was so hot outside so it felt good to get back in the suv and go. Idaho was boring. I slept through half of it though. Then we came to Utah. It was lightning in Salt Lake City when we got here. The sunset was great and the colors were mixed in so many different ways I cant even describe it. It was orange and pink and yellow. I saw the Salt Lake and I saw where the golden spike was. The hotel is okay but the pool is stupid because there is a disease in it and so I couldnt swim in it. We had pizza and now were really really tired. I'll write tomorrow and please vote in my poll!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah, you made it to Utah! Sounds like fun so far. I hope you brought a pillow for your bottom. You're going to need it! More pictures please.
Love,
Sandi
Woohoo for Utah!! Boo on the pool though! Sounds like you had a great start so far. Tell your mom that one time we left on vacation and made it 5 whole hours away and I forgot BOTH of my kids suitcases!! We had to buy them clothes for the entire trip! Have fun tomorrow! I can't wait to see more pictures. What kind of SUV did you get? I loved the description of the sunrise. Just beautiful! those are some great memories! Safe travelings for tomorrow!
-Shala
wow! Sounds like fun. 4 am is a little early for me. Dont worry there will be lots and lots of pools on the way. Who ever heard of a pool with a disease in it!?!? ha ha.
So I stayed after school yesterday to take all of my bulletin boards down because they are painting my room on Monday. Who ever heard of painting a room after school starts!?!? Lameo. Worst part is that we have open house next week so i will be staying after on Tuesday to get it all back together for the parents. As if!?!?! :)
Bekah
Post a Comment